Our trained Veterinarians take advantage of our advanced surgical suite to safely and adeptly perform surgeries for your pet.
The Sears Animal Care Team includes 3 Registered Veterinary Technicians anchored by our Manager with over 30 years of experience in Emergency and Specialty Care.
Sears Animal Hospital & Pet Rehabilitation has a Post-Operative Pain Management Plan to minimize discomfort and provides Hospitalization and Care.
Types of Surgeries Include
Soft Tissue Surgery
We can perform general soft tissue surgery that includes:
- Tumour removal
- Intestinal Foreign body removal
- Perineal Urethrostomy(Feline Only)
- Spay/Neuter and more.
- Teeth Extractions
- Oral Tumour Removals
Our Surgeries are performed by Experienced Veterinarians who take the Appropriate time for the Best Result for your family friend.
- Wound Repair
- Foreign Object Removal
- Amongst other Life-Saving Procedures
Our Experienced Emergency Team of Registered Vet Technicians, Veterinarians and access to remote Board Certified Veterinarians will ensure your furbaby is delivered the best possible medical treatment.
Our Rehabilitation Program often requires the surgical repair of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injuries and Patellar Luxation.
- Tibial Tuberosity Advanced(TTA)
- Medially Luxating Patella
- Femoral Head and Neck Excision
- Fracture Repair
Our Hospital offers a Complete Care Package of Surgery and Rehabilitation
We are able to take the necessary steps to ensure your Pet is not in Pain or Discomfort Before, During and After any Surgical Procedure by administering and monitoring General Anesthesia throughout the procedure. Through the use proper Anesthetic Depth, Pain Medication and Laser Therapy.
Our Hospital is equipped with In-House Pharmacy and the following Modern Equipment to ensure your loved one has the best care possible.
- Veterinary In-House Laboratory
- Low Radiation Digital X-Ray
- Dental Digital X-Ray
- Modern Diagnostic Ultrasound
- IV Pump
- Anesthetic Equipment
- Regenerative Medicine In-House Laboratory
- Underwater Treadmill
- Therapeutic Laser
What to Expect when your Pet Arrives for Surgery
- Arrive at the Hospital on the Morning of Scheduled Surgery (If Morning Drop Off is not Convenient, a drop off may be scheduled for the Night Before)
- Our Surgical Team will carefully examine your pet prior to surgery and select the proper anesthetic drug for each individual pet, based on age, breed and medical history.
- Pre Anesthetic Blood Work performed in our In-House Lab to ensure No Underlying Health Concerns.
- Low Radiation Digital X Rays are taken as required
- General Anesthesia administered with IV Fluids and Pain Medication as required.
- Your Pet will be Carefully Monitored throughout the procedure by our Experienced Registered Veterinary Technicians for blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and Respiratory Rate and Depth of Anesthetic.
- Surgery is performed by our experienced Veterinarian and Regenerative Therapies are applied.
- Laser Therapy is administered post surgery to help with pain and Speed the Healing Process.(There will be no Laser Therapy if tumours are removed)
- Phone Call from our Veterinarian or Registered Veterinary Technician reviewing the procedure and outcomes.
- Hospitalization and Care may be for the balance of the day or several days depending on the procedure.
- Pick Up your Family Member
- Our Veterinarians will recommend a Follow Up Exam and our Team will review the detailed Home Care Treatment Plan that includes prescribed medication/diet and careful observation.