No Appointment Necessary
We hope it never happens, but should your pet have a Health Emergency, the caring and knowledgeable staff will be there for your family.
We can provide extensive care to ensure your pet is kept calm and safe while we undergo examinations and tests to deliver an accurate diagnosis of your family member’s condition and set to work on curing or alleviating the issue.
At the same time, we will discuss the situation with you, so you are kept fully aware of what is happening and what the next steps will be.
Does My Pet need Emergency Care?
If your Dog or Cat has the Following Health Conditions
- Excessive Diarrhea or Vomiting
- Having difficulty Urinating or having bowel movements
- Appears to be Bloated
- Having difficulty Breathing
- Was in a Fight and is Wounded
- Bleeding due to a Cut
- Hit by a Car or Bike or Motorized Vehicle
- Having a Seizure
- Unable to Walk
- Has Cancer and is Not Moving or Behaving Abnormally
- Has Diabetes and is vomiting or having Diarrhea
- Was attacked by a Wild Animal
- Having issues Giving Birth
- Stopped Eating or is Lethargic
- Swallowed a Toy, Object, Clothes or Any Item of concern
- Not Moving and is Breathing with Difficulty
- Any other Condition that is not normal for your pet and you are worried or concerned
What to Expect During Emergency Care
- Emergency Team will greet your pet at the front. We also have a convenient ramp directly connected to our treatment room for immediate care. We will be happy to assist in carrying your pet from your vehicle if they are unable to walk
- Registered Veterinary Technicians will carefully and compassionately attend to your dog or cat with direction from our Veterinarian to stabilize their condition.
- Veterinarian will perform a Comprehensive Exam, will determine the Treatment Plan and will meet with the pet parents to explain and confirm the Treatment Plan.
Treatment Plans may Include:
- Emergency Ultrasound to look for Free Flow in the abdomen or chest.
- Diagnostic Blood Work/Analysis of Chem 17/CBC/Lytes performed with modern In-House Equipment
- Urinalysis to examine the Urine. Our Team is able to extract Urine by cystocentesis using our Ultrasound as a guide. Test performed at our In-House Laboratory
- Fecal Evaluation to investigate for parasites and foreign bodies. Test performed at our In-House Laboratory. (Please bring a fresh Fecal if Possible)
- Hospitalization and Care that may include Intravenous Fluids, Injectable Medications, Infection Treatment, Patient Monitoring and Post Surgery Care
- Stitches for any wounds that need repair. Sometimes a drain may need to be placed and Bandages applied.
- Diagnostic Digital Radiology( X-Ray) may be required to further investigate Bone Damage or Internal Organs.
- Veterinary Surgery to repair wounds, unblock urinary tracts, remove foreign bodies and tumour removal.
Our Veterinarians will review the Comprehensive Physical Exam findings, Medical History, results obtained from the Diagnostic Tests and Procedures to provide an Individualized Treatment Plan for your Furry Friend.
Further Diagnostics Include
- Diagnostic External Lab for additional specialized Blood Tests including Tumor identification and Cultures.
- Urinary Tract Ultrasound to provide a detailed view of the lining of the urinary tract and stones and tumours that may be causing issues.
- Abdominal Ultrasound to provide a detailed view of Internal Organs that can provide direction for a Treatment Plan. The Ultrasound will be reviewed collaboratively with our Veterinarian and Board Certified Radiologists to arrive at a diagnosis.
- Referral to Board Certified Specialist or Emergency Hospital for additional procedures or more intensive monitoring.
Pet Parents are Always Welcome to visit their Family Member while in Hospital. They will be Happy and Excited to see You
Our Goal is to complete the Hospitalized Treatment Plan Quickly and have your family member Home Recovering.
Time to Go Home (Check Out Time… Discharge)
Our Veterinarian will recommend a Follow Up Exam and our Team will review the detailed Home Care Treatment Plan that includes prescribed medication and careful observation.
Our Hospital is equipped with In-House Diagnostic Equipment & Pharmacy Necessary to provide Time Sensitive Care
- In-House Laboratory
- In House Blood Analyzers
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Diagnostic Digital Radiology (X-Ray)
- Diagnostic Digital Dental Radiology (X-Ray)
- Anesthetic Equipment
- IV Pumps
- Therapeutic Laser
- In-House Pharmacy
- Veterinary Diets