Our Team utilizes an Underwater Treadmill as a Proven and Effective Therapy to assist your pet in returning to their Normal Strength Quickly and Safely.
The Underwater Treadmill uses the Warm Water to Soothe and Ease Pain and Discomfort
Sears Animal Hospital & Pet Rehabilitation has a Modern Oasis Pro Underwater Treadmill. We only Invest in the Best Equipment for our Patients’ Needs
What to Expect when your Pet is Scheduled for Hydrotherapy
- Every patient begins with a Comprehensive Initial Examination with Dr. Bonnie Wesley where she will assess your pet’s current condition and creates a Treatment plan.
- On your first Hydrotherapy session, Dr. Bonnie will evaluate and determine the speed, water level and duration of future sessions.
- Hydrotherapy Treatments are typically 30 minutes in length (Shorter at the Beginning, Longer later in treatment)
- Pet Parents are encouraged to be in our Water Treadmill Area but can choose to drop off your furry friend for the day.
- At the completion of the session we will towel dry off your loved one and they are ready to go home.
- Therapeutic Massage with Integrated Resistance Jets
- These resistance jets come with various levels of water pressure and offer the option to configure in multiple directions.
- Variable Speed Motor
- Oasis ‘PRO’ – goes from Speeds of 0.25 mp/h .(40 km/h to) 9 mph/ (14.48 km/h)
- Very Critical features as this allows the Pet Patient to have Gradual improvements.
- Speed Changes are Tailored to each Individualized Treatment.
- The Advanced Speed of 9mph/(14.48km)/ enhances Sports Performance.
- Varying Water Depths
- Helps to provide more support when needed
- Increases/Decreases Resistance with your pets changing needs
- Adjusts to the Height of your Pet
- Ensures Individualised Therapy
How does it Work?
Water has a natural property called ‘buoyancy’.
Hydrotherapy uses this property of water to its maximum potential and provides a Low Impact, Soothing Workout to ‘Pet Patients’.
What is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is defined as ‘the use of Water to achieve Therapeutic Benefit and Relaxation’.
Hydrotherapy is used to Aid in the Treatment of the following:
- Overweight and Obesity
- Neurological Conditions
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Disc Disease
- Orthopedic Procedures
Ask About our Complementary Alternative Medicine Therapies
“Learn More about our Pain Management and Rehabilitation Programs”
We encourage a balanced approach with all our Rehabilitation & Pain Therapies that include:
- Monitored Diet
- Home Exercise Program
- Alternative Therapies